The city of Las Vegas government operates as a council–manager government. The Mayor sits as a Council member-at-large and presides over all of the City Council meetings. In the event that the Mayor cannot preside over a City Council meeting, the Mayor Pro-Tem is the presiding officer of the meeting until such time as the Mayor returns to his/her seat. The City Manager is responsible for the administration and the day-to-day operations of all municipal services and city departments. The City Manager maintains intergovernmental relationships with federal, state, county and other local governments.
Much of the Las Vegas metropolitan area is split into neighboring incorporated cities or unincorporated communities. Approximately 700,000 people live in unincorporated areas governed by Clark County, and another 465,000 live in incorporated cities such as North Las Vegas, Henderson and Boulder City. Las Vegas and Clark County share a police department, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, which was formed after a 1973 merger of the Las Vegas Police Department and the Clark County Sheriff's Department. North Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City and some colleges have their own police departments.
- Search Engine Optimisation Is Yours To Perfect
- The Greater You Already Know, The Greater Of A Mas...
- Search Engine Optimisation Secrets For Saving Time...
- SEO Tips That Anyone Can Use Right Away
- Great Advice For Producing SEO A Snap
- SEO And Your Website: Methods For Getting Discover...
- Learning To Make Search Engine Optimisation Your C...
- Effective Search Engine Marketing Strategies To Bo...
- Las Vegas limousine services - Things to take note
- Las Vegas
- It Is Our Job To Teach You About Las Vegas Search ...
- ▼ October (12)